Wednesday, June 11, 2008

She is finally walking!

All of my girls have been "late" walkers. Alli and Anna both walked at 16 months and Abby just started walking right after she turned 15 months. She still prefers crawling but is getting up and walking more and more... especially when she is playing outside.
I have been trying to learn to use my camera better. I am now trying to shoot on manual mode all of the time but it takes quite a while to learn how to do it! I really wish I would have paid more attention in the photography class I took in college. We learned about aperture and shutter speed and the bracketing for them but I didn't pay much attention since my camera I was using also had an Auto switch. Here I was trying to avoid a shadow on her face since the sun was to the left...
Here I was trying to properly expose Anna's face with the sun directly behind her... She gives me the funniest faces and poses whenever I get the camera out...Then Justin and Alli wanted me to take a picture of the butterfly they caught. They had the sun directly shining in their face so I was trying to avoid overexposing their faces and creating shadows on their faces.
This is how the "Auto" setting took the picture... see the importance of using manual settings?
On one final note... these pictures were taken yesterday afternoon. It was beautiful outside... It is snowing right now.... on the 11th of June... pretty much everything in my garden died. Time to start all over again...

6 comments:

Di said...

I know, I just started shooting in manual and I'm so excited, but there's still so much to learn!

Jason&Linze said...

OMG it's snowing!!! Crazy! I love seeing Abby walk, it's too cute! I am in love with photography except I don't have a camera with an manual option so I just photoshop everything....it's on my wish list, one of these days! lol

Coombs Family said...

Horray! Your backyard looks great. And nice job on the photos.

Pete and Mare said...

Thanks you so much for viewing our blog and for your thoughts on it. Thanks for your advice when I was getting started and for the blurb.com address. I am starting to share my blog, although not quiet up (colors etc), so please feel free to visit and comment any time. Thanks again Laura.

On another note, you are a pro with your camera! You capture the most amazing shots, especially of your kids! How fun that Abby is finally walking, (although I know that she will keep you busier than ever getting up and down your stairs now.) I bet she is so excited! How fun!

Chris and Paul are the first home teachers that we have had in over 2 years, they are wonderful, and couldn't of come at a better time. We feel very fortunate!

Christi said...

Yay for Abby! How do you feel about it? I am a little nervous for Josh to start walking because it seems like they can get themselves into more trouble that way!

Beckie said...

oh how cute! she looks so happy. i can't believe how old anna and ali look. great pictures!