Thursday, July 31, 2008

Wasatch County Fair Time

It's Fair Days here in Heber and the kids and I went over to play for a few hours. It was so darn hot outside that we opted not to buy the "all access" wristband and instead just go on a few rides this time. The first one the kids wanted to do was the boat ride... Justin and Alli got bored really quickly but the younger 2 girls had a good time.
Then Justin and Alli wanted to ride the swings. Unfortunately Anna wasn't tall enough.

Anna wanted to show me the duckies... too bad for her I refuse to fork out the dough to "win" one of those prizes...

Since she was too small to ride the swings, she used her tickets to drive this car... For some reason she wanted to sit in the back seat.

Finally they went down the giant slide... wheeee! But wait? Where is Anna?

Yup, she was back at the top, too scared to go down. I had to climb up there and ride down with her. All of the other kids in line were really nice though and tried helping her to go down.

We then went to the exhibits and saw all of the things people had submitted. I think I will submit a few things next year. Baked goods? Home grown produce? Photos? Clothes I make the girls? The options are endless! We are going to go back tomorrow (if the kids cooperate) to see the livestock entries and we will go watch the parade on Saturday!

8 comments:

Beckie said...

what fun!! your pictures look great. jack was looking over my shoulder while i was reading this, so i decided to ask him if he knew who the kids were. he said "who's that?" pointing at the pic with all the kids(i don't think he remembered all their names), but then he said "that's anna!" when he saw anna's picture. SO CUTE!

Katie said...

I love that you had to help Anna down the slide! That's hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the times I've had to climb through McDonalds PlayPlace tubes to rescue Alli and Anna when they were younger.

Pete and Mare said...

Looks like you guys had a great time together. Great job finding the rides that are a little cooler. Great pixs. We look forward to going too.

Nelson said...

Love Fair Days!
It's one of my favorite reasons for living here.
You are definitely one of the most talented people I know. Can't wait to see some of your stuff at the exhibits next year.
Fabulous pictures of the kids.

Anne Pearson Photography said...

I'm sad we missed the fair days! CUTE pics....need to have you guys over again soon!

Jason&Linze said...

OMG, those dang games! Jason gets so addicted to those, by the time he wins anything he could have bought half of toys r us! Great pics too!

Sum & Ben said...

I am in love with your camera!! What kind is it, and where do you get all of your cute blog backgrounds? Your kids are all so beautiful!! Looks like it was a fun fair! We love the fair too!