Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday

It is Thursday again so I will list 5 things I am thankful for this week...

1. "This is the freshest lettuce I've ever tasted," said Justin after we cut our first harvest of lettuce from our garden. It was delicious! I am thankful that our garden is actually growing things that are edible after all the work we've put in to it.



2. My high school reunion is next weekend on the 19th in San Diego. I am thankful that my husband agreed to let me buy plane tickets last minute so that we could go to it.

3. I am extremely thankful that my mom agreed to watch my kids for the weekend while we go on our mini-vacation to San Diego.

4. I am thankful that Chris has been working so hard to get the weeds pulled in our yard. The yard looks 1000 times better than it did a few weeks ago. I am also thankful that he doesn't expect me to be working along side him all the time since I have 4 kids to be taking care of.

5. Finally, I am thankful for secondary irrigation water. We haven't had rain in over a month. I'm glad we only have to pay $14 a month to drench our yard and garden in water whenever we want to. I couldn't imagine what our water bill would be without it!

5 comments:

Nelson said...

Your yard does look great!
I am so happy that you get to go to your reunion. Be sure to post some pics.
Please rethink the 18th. I would love to have you at the concert.

Beckie said...

I am so glad your garden worked out. mine didn't. Yeah, can't wait to see you!!!

Christi said...

That lettuce looks so yummy! I can't wait until I have a yard to grow things in!

Anne Pearson Photography said...

Ooohhh, that lettuce looks yummy! Thanks for coming over the other night. We had a fun time chatting and getting to know you guys better. Lets definately do a photo outing....get the kiddos and go to the ducky park in Midway, or something like that one night! Oh yes, have fun at your reunion this weekend!

Jason&Linze said...

Yay, I can't wait to see you guys (and Beckie too!!!)