Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday Fun

We decided to go for a drive up Guardsman Pass to scout for deer for Chris's hunt coming up next week. Unfortunately it started raining as we were making the drive up the mountain. We changed course and drove down through Deer Valley and decided to see if Olympic Park was open. Unfortunately the alpine slide and zipline were closed due to rain but we sure lucked out on our timing of going to the visitor's center. The Chinese National Aerial Team was practicing in the splash pool at the time and we got to see quite the show of some awesome ski jumping.

This is the scaled down ski jump that they launch off of...


Here is one of their best guys. I was able to take 6 pictures within 2 seconds and then composed them all together to see the whole jump he did...


We watched for quite a while and then decided to go inside the museum since it started raining pretty hard. Here is Alli running the Olympic torch...


Then she passed it off to Justin...


Then the kids decided to take on the 4 man bobsled...


We plan on going back next week when Chris's parents, brother, and Belgian aunt and uncle are here. Hopefully the fun stuff will be open and we can get our thrills in. Someday I plan on spending the money to ride the bobsled too...

5 comments:

Nelson said...

Um...you are mistaken. That is not a Chinese man, it is me. I have tried to keep it a secret for years, but now you have pictures to prove it.
So neat that we live so close to such amazing things.

Anne Pearson Photography said...

How Fun!!! We need to take our kids on the bobsled also! That picture of the jumper is so cool. You'll have to teach me how to do it someday...

Anne Pearson Photography said...

OK Lady....I need your email address and phone number! Hopefully she comes this week... yes, I would love to get some newborns with Ben and I.... scary, me in a photo! Its been awhile! Lets definately get together and play soon...I've got one more session before I pop and then I'm taking October off. Hopefully by November I'll be up and running again.....we'll see how all goes with D-Day! I NEED my 24-70...how am I gonna get that....oh yes, and an Imac....what do you think about yours? Is it worth it? Last question....did you get the bows from Darcy? Wasn't sure with them leavin and all.... we'll play soon!

Anne Pearson Photography said...

Oh yes....come get as many apples as you would like!!! I have a feeling I'm not going to be doing too much with them in the next few weeks....

Amylee said...

I never realized there was such a fun museum up there! We'll have to go and do that sometime. Can I tell you how much I have loved getting to know Justin in scouts? He is such a fun little boy. Such a good listener, and so smart. I'm glad I get the chance to know another one of your sweet kids!