Saturday, March 15, 2008

Unwanted Visitor

Chris let the dogs out to go potty really late a few nights ago and had an unexpected surprise. Right next to our front door in my flower bed was a nice buck deer. The dogs chased it off but he was puzzled why it had come so close to our house. The next day we realized why...















See the deer foot prints? That darn deer was eating my tulips! They have just barely started to come up and the deer could smell them. I don't know how many he ate but I am really mad about it. I never knew that tulip bulbs were like candy to deer. We'll see how many actually come in now....

3 comments:

Katie said...

Chris couldn't get his gun fast enough?

Coombs Family said...

How exciting to have tulips. We are finally going to plant this year, and I can't wait! Hopefully he didn't get too many. How are you going to keep him away tomorrow?

Beckie said...

i am sorry about your tulips; however, it does make me super excited that they are sprouting because that means that spring is finally coming!!!!