Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bomb Threat????

When I went to pick up Justin and Alli from school today there were a bunch of cops blocking the entrances to the school. I asked one of the officers what was going on and they told me to go to the park down the street to get my kids. I had no idea what was happening. Once I got to the park, I asked one of the teachers directing traffic what was going on and she said that there was a bomb threat and the school was evacuated. I parked and got Abby and Anna out (they both had no shoes on) and set off to find my kids. There were a lot of scared kids all over the place and luckily I found Justin and Alli pretty quickly and left. This kind of stuff is just sick... Whoever thinks that it is ok to do stuff like this to kids is just the worst low-life ever. (I am being nice in what I have to say about it...) The school handled the evacuation very well and kept the kids entertained for over an hour until parents arrived. Alli broke down into tears when we got home because she was worried that I wouldn't find her. I feel so bad that my kids had to go through that!

Link to news story...

5 comments:

Jason&Linze said...

Last semester Palomar received 3 bomb threats to the campus, one directly to the child development center. It is such a scary feeling, and it makes you so mad! Who is this person to threaten your children! They ended up catching him, some crazy mid-life crisis guy. I'm glad you found them quickly and got outta there!

Audra said...

I am so sorry that your kids had to go through that. There are so many sickos out there now it is disturbing. At least you can rest a little easier knowing that your school has such a successful evacuation plan in place.

Beckie said...

that is so scary. with all the junk that my kids have been through this year, that would be the last straw for me and i'd start homeschooling. i am so glad everyone is safe and nothing really happened. kinda makes you nervous to send them again, doesn't it?

Di said...

Crazy story.

We are moving just a hop, skip and a jump away. Across from 7800 S in the Maples. Our builder is a neighbor who went off on his own from another builder. I actually heard that really dark cabinets can be high maintenance because of the dust... I'm sure a medium stain would be best, but I want to do white anyway because I love it so much. Please feel free to provide any tips since you are so experienced :)

Christi said...

how scary! I'm glad they are okay. When I was in elementary school (2nd grade I think) some guy walked into the school with a gun. I remember being very scared as they evacuated us.